Who is Miss World 2008 winner..Kseniya Sukhinovia from Russia is the Miss World 2008
Kseniya Sukhinovia from Russia was crowned Miss World in a glittering, star-studded ceremony at the Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg, the City of Gold on December 13th,2008.
Age: 21 yrs
Height: 178 cm (5 ft 10 in)
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Brown
The 2008 Miss World Festival, a record breaking year in the number of contestants taking part, has seen 109 beautiful and talented contestants spend an unforgettable month in South Africa. However, there could only be one winner and the applause rang out in the packed Convention Centre as Julia Morley, Chairman of the Miss World Organisation and of the international panel of judges, announced the winner’s name.
Kseniya Sukhoinova smile spoke a thousand words to a worldwide TV audience of over 2 billion as she was crowned by last year`s Miss World, Zilin Zhang.
Unfortunately First runner-up wasParvathy Omnakuttan from India couldn’t win this contest.
Final Results Contestant
Miss World 2008
* Russia – Ksenia Sukhinova
* India – Parvathy Omanakuttan
* Trinidad & Tobago – Gabrielle Walcott
* Angola – Brigith dos Santos
* South Africa – Tansey Coetzee
* Barbados – Natalie Griffith
* Brazil – Tamara Almeida
* Croatia – Josipa Kusić
* Iceland – Alexandra Ívarsdóttir
* Kazakhstan – Alfina Nassyrova
* Mexico – Anagabriela Espinoza
* Puerto Rico – Ivonne Orsini
* Spain – Patricia Rodríguez
* Ukraine – Irina Zhuravskaya
* Venezuela – Hannelly Quintero
Totally 109 contestants from all over the world participated in this pageant to compete for the crown, marking the biggest turnout in the 58 years of the pageant, surpassing the previous record of 107 during Miss World 2004.
Miss world 2008 map of participating countries and territories
The pic above shows you Countries and territories which sent delegates. Semi-finalists in lighter shade.
Source for this pic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Miss_World_2008_Map.PNG
1 Comment »